Crossfit is a very popular fitness program that has spread like wild fire. No fitness routine is perfect of course, but it never hurts to mix up your workouts to keep yourself motivated and fresh. Here are just a few Crossfit workout examples, give these a try and let us know what you think.
- “Cindy”: do as many rounds of the following as you can in 20 minutes: 5 pull-ups, 10 pushups, and 15 free standing squats; repeat.
- Deadlift and fast run: do 5 sets of 5 repetitions of the dead lift (5, 5, 5, 5, 5), then run 1.5 miles for time.
- Double-unders and situps: For time, do 50/40/30/20/10 reps of: Double unders (jumping rope — the rope passes under your feet twice during one jump) and sit-ups. That is, do 50 double unders, 50 sit-ups; 40 double unders, 40 sit-ups…down to 10 and 10.
- Fast runs and pull-ups: Maximum rounds in 20 min. of: maximum rep pull-ups (as many as you can do without coming off the bar), then run 400 meters. Repeat. (Measure your total number of pull-ups.)
- Burpee madness: 100 burpees for time. What’s a burpee? It’s a pushup with a jump at the end.
For more info on Louie Simmons and Westside Barbell check out www.westside-barbell.com
If you have any favorite Crossfit routines you are hooked on, tell us about it.
Yours in fitness,